Friday, June 26, 2009

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Is it 4:30 yet? Cause I'm ready to go home.

And a coworker pointed out to me, we should be gone by now because he heard it was five o'clock somewhere.

I like his logic. Even if I'm not all too happy at work this morning. (Although the smile on my face would make one think otherwise)

They made me turn my light on.

I did just fine for two-and-a-half hours without it on. Why turn it on now when I've only had two cups of coffee?

Gosh, it's bright in here now.

::sips coffee::

They keep asking me what I'm up to, also. Apparently my grinning-for-no-apparent-reason demeanor this morning makes them nervous that I'm plotting mischief. (I have them trained well....)

The reality is simply that I stayed up too late last night.

Talking on the phone.

::grins::

For two hours.

It began nervously and was followed by smiles and lots of laughter and ended with "Do you think I can call you again sometime?"

Isn't that just the cutest thing ever?

And right at my speed, too.

None of this "jumping in with both feet" thing. I'm not good at that, because once I land on my feet, I usually find myself off and running.

It almost seems like a habit of mine at this point.

But I think if I can go slow enough maybe life will take my breath away in a good kind of way.

Unexpected things in unexpected places.....

But isn't that how they always say things will work out?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...